- Put the chicken in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds.
- Using your hands, squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.
- Mix the apple with the chicken, onion, herbs, egg yolk, stock cube (if using) and breadcrumbs and roughly chop in a food processor for a few seconds.
- Season with a little salt and pepper (if using).
- With your hands, form into about 20 balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
Suitable from 9+ months
Makes 20 balls
Suitable for home freezing
Recipe taken from the 25th Anniversary Edition of Annabel’s New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner (Ebury, £14.99). Filled with timeless classics and brand new recipes, visit www.annabelkarmel.com for more information.