- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 60 minutes
The creamy sauce in this moussaka is made with low-fat yogurt making this a healthy dish for the whole family
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5
- Parboil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain and allow to cool. When cool, slice into 1cm slices and set aside.
- In a large non – stick saucepan, fry the onion, garlic and minced lamb for about 5-6 minutes, until browned. Spoon out and discard any fat that the minced lamb has released.
- Now add the mushrooms, tomatoes, stock, Worcestershire sauce and herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half the mince mixture into a large ovenproof baking dish and cover with the aubergine slices. Spread over the remaining mince then arrange the sliced potatoes on top in an overlapping layer.
- Beat together the egg, soft cheese and yogurt. Season, then spread over the potatoes. Bake for about 45 minutes until the topping is set and golden brown. Serve with fresh asparagus.
All recipes taken from The Secret Ingredient by Sally Bee (£14.99, Harper Nonfiction)
PureeBlend some of the mince with the cooked potato
Finger FoodGive your baby slices of potato