This is an easy recipe for a gorgeous lemon drizzle cake – perfect for everything from parties to everyday teatimes.
You can whip up this simple cake batter in next to no time – then prepare the sweet tangy drizzling syrup while it’s cooking in the oven. Pour the syrup over and let it sink into the cake while it’s still warm. Then slice and enjoy!
1. Sift the flour and baking powder (use ½ tsp only baking powder if using Buttery) into a large mixing bowl, add the remaining cake ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Spoon the mixture into a greased and base lined 1kg (2lb) loaf tin.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 160°C fan, gas mark 4 for 1 hour or until cooked.
4. Turn out on to a wire tray.
5. Put the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
6. While the cake is warm, drizzle the syrup over so that it soaks into the cake.
Recipe from the Flora Family Fun Guide