- Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain and mash together with the milk and half of the butter and season to taste.
- Melt the remaining butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil and cook for one minute. Stir the cod, salmon, parsley and bay leaf and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the grated Cheese until melted and season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F/Gas 4. Divide the fish between 4 ramekin dishes approx 8 to 10cm diameter and top with the mashed potato.
- Brush the potato with the lightly beaten egg and bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. You can brown under a preheated grill for a few minute at the end, if you wish.
Suitable from 1 year
Suitable for home freezing
Recipe taken from the 25th Anniversary Edition of Annabel’s New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner (Ebury, £14.99). Filled with timeless classics and brand new recipes, visit www.annabelkarmel.com for more information.