- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Measure the butter, caster sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and spices and mix into a large mixing bowl. Beat using an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy. Add the fruits and orange zest and stir. Spoon half of the mixture into the cases.
- Divide the marzipan between them and then spoon the remaining mixture for the muffins on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well risen and lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate roll 7g of marzipan into small balls for each of the muffins and roll out the remaining marzipan and cut out circles using a 5 cm fluted cutter. Place the fluted circles of marzipan in the centre of the muffins and place a small ball of marzipan on top of each one. Use a little warmed apricot jam to attach the marzipan. Wrap each of the muffins in lace cupcake wrappers.
Suitable from 12 months.
The home of delicious recipes
Join the AK Club for free today and be the first to discover exclusive recipes and special content, insider news, competitions, plus a host of great offers. Get inspired by visiting www.annabelkarmel.com.