Zingy Pineapple With Basil And Lime Recipe From Ella's Kitchen
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
The ingredients may sound grown up, but toddlers will love the zesty tastes and textures of the pineapple in this dish, too
- Place the lime rind and juice in a bowl and stir in the sugar and basil. Leave the mixture to marinate for five minutes until the sugar has dissolved to form a syrup.
- Arrange the pineapple ‘soldiers’ on a large serving plate and drizzle over some of the lime and basil syrup.
- Put any remaining syrup in a little bowl for extra dunking. Serve immediately.
- As an alternative you can substitute the pineapple with two fresh mangoes, peeled and sliced for a different kind of tropical flavour.
This recipe is taken from Ella’s Kitchen The Red One Cookbook (£14.99, Octopus Books).
PureeBlend the pineapple and then swirl into baby porridge or rice
Finger FoodThe pineapple pieces are perfect for toddlers