A 2-in-1 pushchairs offer the flexibility and comfort of a pram with the practicality of a pushchair – and you only have to splash out once...
With 2-in-1 pushchairs, you can lie your newborn flat in the carrycot for the first few months, then convert the seat into a more upright, standard pushchair for older babies and toddlers. Unlike a proper pram, you’ll be able to fold it in one piece without having to take the carrycot off, making it easier for putting into the car or using on the bus. Plus, it saves space in your hallway at home. The only downside is you can’t detach the carrycot from the chassis should you want to move a sleeping newborn. So, what should you be looking for when you shop for a 2-in-1? Welcome to your buying checklist.
- If you do a lot of off-road walking, think about an all-terrain model. But for trips around town, go for something light, compact and easy to manoeuvre.
- If you use public transport regularly you’ll need a pushchair you can fold quickly, ideally with one hand, as you could be holding your baby.
- Regular car users might want a baby travel system option (all those tested here offer this), allowing you to put the car seat straight onto the chassis.
- A reversible seat unit means your baby can face you or outwards, so test how easy it is to change the direction.
- Check for functions you’ll need when your baby’s older, like a reclining seat.
- See which accessories are included. You’ll need a raincover and a footmuff, and buying these separately can add up.