If you need fun and inexpensive things to do with the kids this half term, there's a great booklet you can download that's full of ideas.
You might still be feeling the pinch after Christmas, so you’ll need some cheap and cheerful activities this February half-term to keep your children entertained.
Flora Buttery has recently conducted some research into what keeps mums busy over half-term:
1. Dreaming up activities for the kids (38%)
2. Washing up and clearing up after mealtimes (34%)
3. Providing an ‘always-on’ taxi service for the kids, and being stuck in traffic (25%)
4. Keeping the house in order (24%)
5. Preparing and cooking extra meals (23%)
Although 32% of mums are still feeling the pinch following Christmas, the half-term break sees them spend most on:
1. Day trips (70%)
2. Ad hoc activities such as going swimming / to the cinema (62%)
3. Extra food for extra mealtimes (52%)
4. Eating out at restaurants (45%)
5. Travel / transport (29%)
To give you inspiration for things to do this half-term that won’t break the bank, Flora Buttery has created a free Family Fun Guide, packed full of baking recipes, arts and crafts projects, and games to play with your little ones. Download the Family Fun Guide here.
From egg carton crocodiles, to cinnamon and raisin and cookies, and puppet shows, there are lots of ideas to keep your family busy this half-term.