Take the stress out of a short holiday with your baby by taking advantage of this Ottery St Mary break
If you’re worried about how stressful your first holiday away with your new baby might be, consider a break away at Mazzard Farm Holiday Cottages, Ottery St Mary, Devon.
The award-winning cottages have launched a new Baby’s First Holiday break, designed to take the strain out of your first family holiday.
The break, which costs from £195 for two nights over a weekend, or three mid-week, has the following included, or available as optional extras:
- Free upgrade or 10% discount (depending on what is available).
- 24-hour notice free cancellation policy (just in case your baby is ill, or driving panic sets in).
- All the baby paraphernalia you might need, from sterilisers to high chairs, cots and potties. No need to cram the boot filled with the nursery.
- CAB checked babysitters are available (additional cost) or, for those uncomfortable with the thought of an unknown sitter, a personal chef can be booked to create a restaurant quality meal in your own home (additional cost).
- The owner is a trained masseur, reflexologist and can arrange in-room pamper sessions for the ultimate indulgent luxury (additional cost).
“It’s not just about having the right kit, and being in the right place; it’s about really understanding the needs of a couple taking away their young baby for the very first time,” said Ruud Jansen Venneboer, owner of Mazzard Farm.
“Catering to last-minute wobbles, changes of mind, making the holiday extra special and providing extras like in-room catering or an indulgent massage, these are kinds of things that make parents know we get it.”
Mazzard Farm is an eco-friendly cluster of four-star self-catering cottages set in 17 acres of gardens, orchard, play areas, woods and farm land on the edge of Ottery St Mary, Devon. Each of the six cottages is decorated with elements from its Dutch owner’s homeland, and each has a state-of-the-art kitchen. All bar Bramley Cottage have a wood burner. The smallest cottage sleeps two (plus two cots) and the largest single cottage sleeps six (plus one cot). Some cottages have been designed to inter-connect (sleeping up to 10).
The fields and woods surrounding the cottages are kept as a smallholding, and the owners keep chickens and make their own jams and cakes using produce from their gardens. There are games, toys, baby kit, outdoor play areas and a comprehensive guide book on all the family-friendly activities in and around East Devon. Eeach cottage also comes with flat screen TV, DVD player and free Wifi.