As a parent you’ll do anything to help your baby get to sleep. But it’s as much about your sleep as it is theirs.
A nationwide study has revealed that the average British parent gets just four hours sleep a night for the first year of their baby’s life, so it’s no wonder that parents will go to extraordinary lengths to help baby go to sleep and stay asleep.
Parents under pressure
The survey also found that the average British couple will spend eight long months sleeping in different rooms after the birth of their first child. And more than one in 10 will continue to bed down in separate rooms long after their child’s first birthday, due to the lack of sleep that comes with having a baby.
The study, by trusted baby brand Tommee Tippee, found that the average parent of a newborn will lose out on a staggering 780 hours of sleep in the first year of their baby's life. That’s more than three months’ worth of sleep.
To help, Tommee Tippee has launched a whole new sleep range dedicated to helping you and your little one get an extra 40 winks. Because when they sleep, you sleep. And sleep is the best way to rest and recover from each busy day with baby.
Relax into bedtime
The new Tommee Tippee sleeptime range includes everything from safe baby sleep bags to comforting sleep aids and colour changing room thermomenters, all designed to give everyone a safe, well-earned rest.
- For newborns there is a range of swaddling sleepwear that mimics the closeness of the womb and suppresses the startle reflex, to help baby and parents get more sleep.
- As your little one grows, they can move into a range of Sleepbags, designed to keep your baby at a comfortable temperature all night long without loose sheets and blankets.
- The GroEgg2 is a unique changing room thermometer and nightlight designed to help you create a safer sleeping environment for baby and give you peace of mind.
- Taking a modern twist on the Moses basket, the portable Sleepee basket is the perfect way to keep your newborn nearby for daytime naps and night-time sleeping.
- And if you’re looking for a cute and cuddly bedtime pal, there’s a mini menagerie of animals from the Grofriends collection who provide soft lights, soothing sounds and gentle lullabies to help your baby settle to sleep.
To learn more about the range visit www.tommeetippee.com