Here at Joie, we are a family-first kind of company committed to the highest standards of design, engineering and safety – everything we do is done with purpose, intention and enthusiasm, stemming from our leadership’s devotion to do what is right for families.
We at Joie understand how confusing it might get when it comes to the new i-Size regulations. Let us explain what i-Size actually is:
The i-Size standard also known as ECE R129/00 is the latest standard for child seat safety and it includes five key safety enhancements.
- Beginning with the body support, the new i-Size car seats are side-impact certified with a better head, neck and all over protection due to first-ever standardized side impact testing. The new i-Size standard is enforcing mandatory side-impact performance criteria industry-wide.
- Rearward facing just got longer. Most crashes happen at the front of the vehicle making it far easier for children to move forward during a crash which causes strain on the neck. For that reason, rearward-facing became mandatory. Rearward-facing travelling from birth to 15 months allows baby’s neck to develop and strengthen for forward-facing travel.
- The all-new advanced technology crash test dummies simulate a child’s fragile body. The i-Size standard makes use of the most high-tech crash test dummies available, called “Q” dummies. Not only has the sensory technology improved to test for greater sensitivity, the dummies also feature more sensors on fragile areas of the body.
- Safest installation so far. It is well known that using ISOFIX to install a child seat makes life easier and less daunting for parents. In addition, ISOFIX has been found to significantly increase the chance of proper installation. The fact that the ISOFIX creates a safe, secure and proper attachment to the car has made it one of the major requirements of the new i-Size standards.
- The better-fit formula makes it easier than ever for the parents to understand when it is time to begin using the next child seat. With the new formula parents can easily measure their child – giving them the security that their child is in the right seat, facing the right way – all along the way.
The latest addition to our i-Size family is the i-Spin 360. This multi-way car seat is usable rearward from birth and forward facing from 15 months with safety features and the easiest of function. The smooth hand turning activator is positioned right where you can naturally reach and the 6 recline positions are usable both rearward and forward facing. The Smart Ride™ lock-off helps keep your baby riding rearward until it is safe to turn forward. The Guard Surround Safety™ side impact protection panels auto-engage when the harness is tightened to surround baby with ultimate safety.
Find out more about the I-Spin 360, here.
Meet the rest of the Joie i-Size car seats:
This infant carrier from birth to 13 kg is the perfect companion when cruising. The 157◦ angle allows your little one to lie as flat as possible when travelling.
Find out more about the i-Level car seat, here.
This travel system ready infant carrier is used from birth to 13 kg and it is designed to keep your little one safe and super comfortable.
Find out more about the i-Gemm car seat, here.