Toddlers learn so much from messy play. While they’re busy squishing and squelching, pouring and pushing, they’re carrying out an endless stream of experiments to find out about their world.
That's why we love salt dough recipe as it has only THREE ingredients and we bet you already have them in your kitchen cupboard!
Here's how to make salt dough which will keep your toddler occupied for hours...
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- A large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- An eager toddler!
1) Mix salt and flour together in a large bowl. Your toddler
2) Slowly stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy consistency.
3) Nead the dough with your hands until mixture is smooth
4) Create shapes from the dough by using cookie cutters. Don't have any? Get your toddler to improvise!
5) Place the salt dough creations into the oven at 180C. The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the salt dough creations.
Did you make salt dough with your little one? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!
Have approx 60 seconds to spare? Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need... Click here!
For parenting tips, tricks and advice you can trust, click here to download a free digital issue of Mother and Baby magazine.