Do you sometimes envy your toddler and their seemingly carefree life? Yep, there are definitely some things you could not get away with now.
1) Run around naked. Anywhere.Sometimes on a hot day you just want to rip your clothes off and become a nudist, but this is definitely not acceptable in the office.
2) SnatchYou definitely saw that dress in the French Connection sale first. Now if only you could go all 'toddler' on her and snatch it back, screaming 'MINE!'
3) Refuse to shareTapas are our worst nightmare. Chips are not meant to be shared. No you can’t have a ‘bite’. (Well, this is what you think anyway, whilst sweetly saying ‘yes of course you can!')
4) Ignoring peopleOh how we wish we could walk away in the middle of a conversation when we’re bored – just like a toddler. But no, these days that would be branded rude and anti-social. Sigh.
5) Daytime naps. Whenever, whereverSometimes we’d just love to be able to take a snooze on our desk or have a little lie down on that park bench…
6) Always choosing the (same) movieThere's only so many times you can get away with putting on The Notebook and having a good sob, without having to compromise with the other half who wants to watch Transformers.
7) Being pushed around everywhereSometimes we really wish we could be a baby, being carted around in what is essentially a lovely cosy bed with wheels. Whoever thought heels were a good idea?!
8) ShopliftingNow you're a grown up, there's not explanation that will let you get away with grabbing whatever takes your fancy and nonchalantly walking out of the store
9) Saying exactly what you thinkThe amount of times you wish you could say exactly what you think about your friend's new boyfriend/that man in the street/the food someone's just lovingly prepared for you. But we’re far too polite these days.
10) Creating a messOh how we long for the days when someone would clean up after us. And even better when you can make a chaotic mess at a friend’s house, then leave without the slightest guilt.
11) Dress like no one is lookingTiara with wellington boots and a cape? Cute when you're a toddler, weird when you're an adult. And that goes for your Cinderella costume too.
12) Rude alternatives to normal wordsNow you know how to speak, there's no getting away with that alternative word that almost sounds like cake…
14) Being fussy... about everything!You'd be labelled pedantic these days, or intolerably fussy. But sometimes we do just want things done, just the way we want them to be done. Even if that's completely different to what we said yesterday.
15) ImitationIt may be the most sincere form of flattery, but just try refusing to answer unless someone calls you by your current hero's name.
17) Pee wherever you likeSometimes we wish we could just run to the nearest patch of grass to relieve ourselves, but instead, we hold it in for the entirety of our hour's commute home.
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!