Pretty baby names
Choosing the right baby name is the biggest decision you’ll make as a new parent, and we know you can spend hours trawling through that baby name book - here, we've rounded up 278 of the cutest baby names for girls for you to look at on your phone.
Most parents look to choose a name that has meaning but that also sounds pretty, so that it suits their cute newborn.
From Arianna to Poppy, we have chosen our favourite pretty names to help you find the perfect cute girl name for your baby. In this list you'll find everything from popular baby girl names to cute unique girl names as well as gender neutral options too.
Take a look at our list of top pretty and cute girl names that you will definitely fall in love with...
- Arianna - Arianna is a greek name which means 'chaste, very holy.'
- Belle - Short for Isabella, the name Belle means 'beautiful' in French.
- Amelia - The pretty moniker means 'Industrious' and 'Striving' and is often associated with 'defender'.
- Daisy - Daisy is a pretty girl's name commonly thought to be derived from the name of the flower.
- Elodie - Elodie means 'Foreign riches'
- Florence - French for 'blossoming'
- Grace - The popular name Grace means 'God's favour' and has English origin.
- Isla - Isla is derived from "Islay", which is the name of an island off the west coast of Scotland
- Lottie - Lottie means means 'Tiny' and 'Feminine' in French.
- Luna - The pretty name has Latin origin and means 'Moon'.
- Nora - Nora means 'Honour' and 'Reputation'.
- Poppy - The moniker derives from the popular flower'.
- Savannah - With English origin, Savannah means 'From the open plain'.
- Adeline - Variant of Adelaide, meaning ‘noble’.
- Blossom - English, meaning ‘flowerlike’.
- Clara - Meaning ‘bright’ and ‘clear’ this French name is growing in popularity.
- Clemence - This adorable name means ‘mild and merciful’.
- Fleur - French, meaning ‘flower’.
- Jasmine - Meaning ‘jasmine flower’.
- Milana - The meaning of Milana is "favored".
- Amelie - A traditional French name meaning ‘hard-working’.
- Coco - Spanish, meaning ‘help’.
- Fifi - Hebrew, meaning ‘Jehovah increases’.
- Fiorella - Italian, meaning ‘little flower’. Feminine form of the Italian boys’ name Fiorello.
- Iris - Greek, meaning ‘rainbow’. Also from the flower of the same name, a symbol of wisdom and courage.
- Isabelle - Meaning ‘pledged to God’.
- Juliette - The French version of the English ‘Juliet’, the extra syllable makes the entire name sound far more romantic.
- Lily - Latin, from the flower of the same name.
- Lola - Spanish, meaning ‘sorrows’. Also used as a shortened form of Delores.
- Millie - This adorable variation on Millicent has been a classic German baby girl name for decades. It's extremely popular yet continues to remain stylish.
- Niamh - Gaelic, meaning ‘brightness’. In Irish mythology, Niamh was a goddess, the daughter of the god of the sea and a queen of the land of eternal youth
- Orla - Irish Gaelic, meaning ‘golden lady’.
- Posy - English, meaning ‘small flower’.
- Rosabel - Contraction of Rose and Belle, meaning ‘beautiful rose’. Most commonly used in the USA.
- Serena - This old classic Italian baby girl name has been popular since Roman times.
- Sienna - Derived from latin, the baby name Sienna is believed to orginate from a Tuscany town which is spelt Siena.
- Sofia - Sofia means "wisdom" in Greek and has become popular as a German name.
- Violet - Latin, meaning ‘purple’. Also a small purple flower of the same name.
- Lavender - Latin, from the flowering plant of the same name.
- Bella - Latin, meaning ‘beautiful’.
Search all pretty baby names
You always know when you've found 'the one' and this is true for your baby's name too! If none of these names are the perfect fit for your new arrival, why not try our baby name generator? Or why not take a look at the most popular baby names for 2021 for more ideas of popular baby girl names.