When choosing a baby name, if you're desperate to dodge the most popular monikers, why not consider something a bit more exotic and unusual? Get inspired by Scandinavia, France or even the beautiful Welsh countryside. Or why not choose a Spanish name for your baby girl?
Whether you’re embracing your heritage, have a love for Latin America, the Spanish language or are naming your mini-me after the place where you are your significant other fell in love, you’re bound to love our list of Spanish baby names for girls which is filled with many pretty and popular choices.
21 popular and unique Spanish baby girl names:
1. Adelina - If the cute vintage nickname Addie doesn’t make you fall in love with this name, it’s meaning ‘noble’ will. The Spanish variation of the Adeline, this beautiful name is rising in popularity.
2. Alma - We love this adorable name, meaning ‘nurturing soul’.
3. Camila - Pronounced ka-MEE-la, this Spanish name means ‘young ceremonial attendant’.
4. Dominica - Meaning ‘belonging to the Lord’, this is the female version of Dominic. We love the fresh and energetic feel to this name.
5. Elisa - The Spanish diminutive of the popular English name Elizabeth, meaning ‘pledged to God’.
6. Emeralda - The Spanish version of the name Emerald, meaning ‘green’, is the perfect, unusual name for your baby girl. In ancient mythology, the emerald jewel was supposed to open your heart to wisdom and love.
7. Emilia - The feminine variation of Emil, this beautiful feminine name, meaning ‘rival’ is growing in popularity, perhaps thanks to The Princess Diaries.
8. Florencia - The Spanish variation of the name Florence, meaning ‘flourishing’, we love the fresh, exotic feel to this cute name.
9. Gabriela - A strong, beautiful name, meaning ‘God is my strength’, the Spanish spelling (with one l) is far more unique.
- Isabella - A name that has been put back on the popular lists by the blockbuster trilogy Twilight, this cute name means ‘pledged to God’. The Spanish version of Elizabeth, you’ll also love the nickname Bella.
11. Isla - Meaning ‘island’, this name has seen a return in popularity in the UK, perhaps thanks to the beautiful Isla Fisher.
12. Lucia - Perhaps one of the most popular names on this list, Lucia, meaning ‘light’ is the Latinate spelling of Lucy. What’s more, this is currently the most popular girls' name in Spain.
13. Maria - One of the most popular names in Spanish speaking countries all over the world, this Latin variation of Mary means ‘wished-for-child’ – the perfect name for your precious bundle.
- Mia - A name meaning ‘mine’, this cute name has grown in popularity thanks to actress Mia Farrow.
15. Natalia - Meaning ‘birthday of the Lord’, this is often a popular name for baby girls born around Christmas.
16. Olivia - A Shakespearean name, meaning ‘olive tree’, she might not be the only Olivia in the playground, but you’ll never fall out of love with this beautiful name.
17. Rosa - A popular floral Spanish name, meaning ‘rose’. One we have readily adopted here in the UK, Rosa is now more popular than English equivalent, Rose.
- Sara - A variation of the traditional name ‘Sarah’, this exotic spelling is far more unusual. We love the meaning of this name – ‘princess’.
19. Sofia - Meaning ‘wisdom’, for many years, Sofia has been used as a royal name in Spain. Another popular spelling is Sophia.
- Tia - This cute name, meaning ‘aunt’ is the perfect choice if you’re looking to name your new arrival after that favourite relative.
21. Valentina - Meaning ‘strength and health’, we love the ballerina-esque feel to this beautiful name.
If none of these names makes it to the top of your list, why not try our baby name generator? Alternatively, if you're having a boy or even a boy and girl, check out our popular Spanish baby boy names.