When you're a parent, play dough is one of those things that you become well accustomed with as kids love the stuff. It's the ideal indoor or outdoor activity that has endless possibilities, especially with cookie cutters.
While it's easy enough to pick up some store-bought dough, making your own homemade playdough is an activity in itself that you can get your little one involved in.
The below homemade playdough recipe from the BBC requires just a few ingredients and is super easy to whip up, taking just ten minutes. It makes one coloured dough ball so if you want several colours, just increase the ingredients and swap out the food colouring.
You will need
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 60ml warm water
- food colouring of your choice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients of the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the water, a few drops of food colouring and the oil.
2. Pour the coloured water into the flour mix and bring together with a spoon.
3. Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough. If you want a more intense colour you can work in a few extra drops of food colouring.
4. Squeeze out the air and store in a plastic sandwich bag in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Alternatively, why not give salt dough a try?
Read more popular articles