Perfect for a light lunch or starter, these pastries are packed full of nutrient-boosting ingredients
1. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 35 x 20cm rectangle, then cut into four rectangles.
2. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper and place the pastry rectangles on the sheet. Prick all over with a fork and brush lightly with milk.
3. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and discard. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus, bring back to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until almost tender. Drain and refresh in cold water, then drain again. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6. Mix the pasta sauce and paprika together and divide between the pastry bases, spreading it out almost to the edges. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is puffed around the edges and pale golden in colour.
5. Remove from the oven and arrange the asparagus on top, leaving space for the egg in the middle of each pastry.
6. Crack an egg into a cup and slide into the space created. Repeat with the remaining pastries, then return to the oven for eight minutes, or until the eggs are just set.
NB: This dish is safe to eat during pregnancy so long as the egg yolk is cooked through
This recipe is from Vegetarian Step-by-Step, part of Parragon Books’ range of Love Food cookbooks
Blend a few asparagus spears with the tomato sauce
The asparagus spears are perfect for helping your toddler develop his fine motor skills. Let him dip them in the runny yolk.
Quicker, easier and much less messy than classic crumb-coated fish, egg-only fish fingers are a revelation. The egg cooks to a golden coating, somewhere between tender and crisp, which holds all the fish’s succulent juices inside making them a perfect toddler-friendly finger food
Each month, Childs Farm's resident skincare expert will be tackling all your skincare concerns and giving you the correct know-how, to ensure the whole family has healthy and gorgeous-looking skin. This month's instalment is understanding what eczema is and what the number one treatment is...
When you have a newborn baby, you want to do everything to give them the best start in life and there are so many tips, advice and methods that it can be overwhelming! One thing you can get off your list is choosing which newborn nappy to use.