Have a go at this easy and delicious recipe by Annabel Karmel - the whole family will love, including fussy toddlers! Oh, and it's perfect for using up leftovers from the fridge!
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35-40 minutes
Makes: 12 egg muffin cups
- 8 new potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 50g frozen peas
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: ham, chicken or crumbles of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin with oil.
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain, cool and dice.
- Mix the eggs in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, cheese, spring onions, peas and tomatoes. Season lightly and pour into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and golden.
A simple way to make individual frittatas is to bake them in a muffin tin . You can substitute the ham for chicken or crumbles bacon or for a vegetarian version add some chopped grilled red pepper or some peas ... This is a recipe from my new Family Cookbook ‘Real Food Kids Will Love ‘ .. 3 large eggs 2 tbsp milk 40g mature Cheddar cheese, grated 1 tomato , deseeded and finely chopped 3 spring onions, finely chopped 100g cooked new potatoes diced 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves 2 slices ham 1 Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and grease a 6 jokes of a muffin tin with sunflower oil. 2 Best the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season lightly . Spoon the mixture evenly between the greases muffin holes and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until set and risen 3 Remove from the oven and leave to cook for a few minutes in the run before removing with a palette knife . Eat hot or cold . They will keep in the fridge for 2 days . MAKES 6 INDIVIDUAL FRITTATAS #annabelkarmel #lunchboxes #healthyfoodforkids
Show us in your finished recipes on Instagram by tagging @motherandbaby!
Join the club! Introducing our brand, spankin’ new Facebook group called #mumtribe. Simply search ‘#mumtribe’ into the search bar and meet like-minded mums, win gorgeous goodies and have some fun!
For parenting tips, tricks and advice you can trust, click here to download a free digital issue of Mother and Baby magazine.