- Measure all of the meatballs ingredients into a food processor. Whiz until combined, then shape into 25 balls. Chill in the fridge while you make the sauce.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until just soft.
- Add the tomatoes, paste and sugar. Season and bring up to the boil. Then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add 1 tbsp of oil. Fry the meatballs until lightly golden on all sides. Add to the sauce, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, then add to the meatballs.
- Add the basil and spoon into a shallow dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Put under a hot grill for 5 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has melted.
Suitable for babies 1+
If you’re short on time and looking for quick and balanced options for your little one, Annabel’s award-winning Chilled Toddler Meal range includes children’s favourites such as Scrummy Fish Pie, Mild Chicken Tikka & Tasty Chicken & Potato Pie. Discover the full range at Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Ocado.