These melt-in-the-middle meatballs are tasty and easy to make, and will impress the whole family, including your baby
1. Mix together the breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and set aside while you assemble the other ingredients.
2. Put the beef, Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, grated onion, parsley, basil, mixed herbs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add the breadcrumb mixture and use your hands to mix together.
3. Wet your hands and shape the mixture into 12 equal sized balls. Use your finger to make an indentation in the centre of each ball, push in a cube of mozzarella cheese and re-roll the meat into a smooth ball. Make sure the join is sealed, so that melting cheese doesn’t leak out during cooking. At this point the meatballs can be covered and chilled for up to 12 hours. Return to room temperature before frying.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a large frying pan. Add as many meatballs as will fit in the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes, until brown all over. Set aside and keep warm while cooking the remaining meatballs.
5. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish. Stir in the sliced onions, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Add the passata and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the meatballs.
6. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through when you cut one open. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce, if necessary. Serve immediately on warmed plates, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Once your little angel is on the move, it’s nearly impossible to stop them in their tracks. To help your little wriggler get started on their new active adventure, we’re giving away £250 Asda voucher allowing you to buy a bunch of goodies for your on-the-go toddler.
Each month, Childs Farm's resident skincare expert will be tackling all your skincare concerns and giving you the correct know-how, to ensure the whole family has healthy and gorgeous-looking skin. This month's instalment is discussing bubble baths for your toddler and the number one product to try for lots of great-smelling bubbles which is safe for sensitive and eczema-prone skin!