Easter will soon be here and this indulgent recipe from Amy Treasure combines Easter eggs and cheesecake for a heavenly dessert anyone with a sweet tooth will adore.
1. Blitz the Biscoff biscuits in a food processor or put them into a ziplock bag and bash them up with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in the microwave (this takes about a minute) and pour it into the crushed biscuits and mix well.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut the Easter eggs in half.
3. Add the biscuit mixture inside the Easter eggs filling them about a third of the way. Press the mixture down and smooth it gently with the back of a spoon. Put the eggs into the fridge while you make the filling.
4. Put the cream cheese and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat well. You can use a handheld electric whisk or beat it by hand. Pour in the lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat together. Next, pour in the double cream and beat until the mixture thickens.
5. Set aside a third of the mixture. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and pour it into the cheesecake mixture beating well until fully incorporated.
6. Take the Easter eggs out of the fridge and fill them with the cheesecake mixture. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Put the cheesecake filled easter eggs back into the fridge for an hour.
7. Add the toppings to your Easter Egg Cheesecake and serve.
Image credit: Amy Treasure