Enjoy an easy Chinese meal at home - much healthier than ordering a takeaway.
1. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water 3 -5 minutes, then drain and plunge them into cold water. Drain thoroughly, toss them with three teaspoons of the sesame oil and set aside.
2. Combine the chicken shreds with all the marinade ingredients, mix well and then leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat a wok over a high heat. Add one tablespoon of the groundnut oil and, when it is very hot and slightly smoking, add the chicken shreds. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes and then transfer to a plate. Wipe the wok clean.
4. Reheat the wok until it is very hot, and then add the remaining groundnut oil. When the oil is slightly smoking, add the garlic and stir fry for10 seconds. Then add the mangetout and ham and stir fry for about 1 minute.
5. Add the noodles, soy sauces, rice wine or sherry, salt, pepper, sugar and spring onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Return the chicken and any juices to the noodle mixture. Stir fry for about 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
7. Add the remaining sesame oil and give the mixture a few final stirs. Turn it on to a warm platter and serve at once.
READ KEN HOM’S TOP TIPS FOR QUICK AND HEALTHY CHINESE MEALS
Ken Hom’s range of chilled ready meals are available from Tesco. To download Ken Hom’s Chinese New Year 2015 booklet, visit www.kenhom.co.uk