This classic chicken pie is full of fantastic flavours and healthy foods for you and your baby
1. Place the chicken in a large saucepan with the carrot, celery, one of the onions and three tarragon sprigs. Season with a little salt and pepper and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45min until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Make the pastry by mixing the flour and salt in a bowl. Cut the fat into cubes and add to the flour. Use your fingertips to rub the fat into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water gradually, stirring in with a knife. When the dough sticks together, knead it lightly until it forms a ball and wrap in cling film and let it rest.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to cool. Return the stock to the hob and simmer gently for a further 30mins until it’s reduced by half.
4. Meanwhile heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the leeks and the remaining onion and gently cook for about five minutes until softened. Turn up the heat to high, add the wine and simmer rapidly for 3-4 minutes until reduced by half.
5. Stir in the flour and mix well in the pan for one minute. Pour in the cream, about 150ml of the reduced chicken stock and the lemon zest. Season with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper.
6. Remove the meat from the cooled chicken carcass and chop or shred into small pieces. Add this and the remaining tarragon, chopped, to the leek and cream mixture and stir together. Set aside to cool.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Place a baking tray in the oven to heat.
8. Line the base of a 30 x 20cm rectangular or 26cm round pie tin with two-thirds of the pastry and fill with the chicken mixture. Brush the pastry edges with a beaten egg.
9. Roll out the remaining pastry to make a lid and lay over the filling, crimping the edged of the pastry with your fingertips to seal. Trim away any excess and brush with a beaten egg to glaze. Place on the baking tray and bake for 30 – 35mins until the pastry is golden and crisp.
Nearly 1 in 10 British women feel uncomfortable discussing their breastfeeding struggles with their partner, but it’s so important not to suffer in silence. Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn't mean it will come naturally to every new mum
Beaba’s Babycook® Neo Bundle with Weaning Accessories in a contemporary Eucalyptus colourway is a package set of cooking and food preparation utensils to help you prepare fuss-free, nutritious meals for your little one.
After the past year being locked down with our families, we think our Mother&Baby mums deserve a bit of “me-time”. Our friends over at Asda Little Angels couldn’t agree more and they’re giving one lucky winner a £200 Treatwell voucher to indulge in some mummy maintenance, as well as a fantastic prize bundle of baby goodies.
When your baby is around 6 months, or in a size 4 nappy, they’ll likely be on the move and exploring their surroundings. Along with babyproofing everything in sight and having eyes in the back of your head, nappy pants should be at the top of your list.
Meet Wow Continental Travel System in Debut, your multi-terrain pram and pushchair great for both town and country. Delivering world-class performance, this pushchair has a striking continental design and is perfect for any situation thanks to multi-terrain suitability and dual suspension options. It’s built with you and your family in mind and the dual suspension mode means you can adapt to suit your environment.
b.box put the fun in functional with the creation of their award-winning sippy cup… and they didn’t stop there! What started out as an adventure for two mums to fill a product gap with a Nappy Wallet, has now grown to include a wide variety of fabulously fun products that help to make meal and travel time not only fun but gives the gift of independence to babies, toddlers and kids of all ages.
Pregnancy is an exciting time as you count down the months, weeks and days to the arrival of your little one. But it can also be a time of little worries, niggles and gripes - one of them being heartburn.
Weleda Natural Baby Care products have been specially formulated to protect and support the development of healthy skin and are safe for even the most sensitive skin of babies and children. The products are developed with the assistance of physicians and midwives and are dermatologically tested to give gentle, natural protection right from the start.