‘Here’s a healthy version of chicken nuggets that everyone will enjoy,’ says nutritional therapist Amelia Freer. ‘Throw in a good measure of childhood nostalgia and enjoy.’
1. Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk (or yoghurt) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the mango salsa by combining the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli, if using, together in a bowl and pouring over the coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Place in the fridge until needed later.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4. Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the desiccated coconut on a plate. Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is well coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil) over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
5. Place a spoonful of mango salsa onto a lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, then fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it, so you can eat it like a sandwich. While your baby might not be inclined to eat the lettuce, he might try a nibble. It will help him recognise the salad leaf as a food and, hopefully, he’ll be more likely to give it a try the next time he’s given it as part of his meal.
If you’re pregnant: Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is vital for you and your bump.
Blend the chicken with hot water or breast milk.
Chop the chicken into pieces and add a little salsa.
Feed your babies and toddlers with organic fruit and vegetables delivered to your door by GIGI's ORGANIC. We deliver the freshest organic fruit and vegetable subscription boxes weekly in London and Surrey to help mums with natural baby-led weaning and feeding growing families.
With over 40 years of dedicated research, the team at Aptamil Follow On Milk really know their stuff when it comes to follow on formulas. Here they answer some common questions to help you learn more about follow on milks.
Get on the right path to feeling more yourself again after birth with Soak for Bits, a new midwife-developed, soothing bath soak, from My Expert Midwife, aimed at helping women’s postpartum recovery...
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S nappies, available in six sizes, ranging from £2-3.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S Little Smiles All Over Body Cream and Top-To-Toe Wash.
To celebrate the launch of Soak for Bits, the new arrival from My Expert Midwife, we have teamed up with the award-winning skincare brand for pregnancy, birth, new mums, and newborns to give 5 Mother&Baby mums the chance to win their very own Birth Recovery Duo.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Take a look at what Mother&Baby parents thought of the new nappy pants...