‘Here’s a healthy version of chicken nuggets that everyone will enjoy,’ says nutritional therapist Amelia Freer. ‘Throw in a good measure of childhood nostalgia and enjoy.’
1. Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk (or yoghurt) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the mango salsa by combining the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli, if using, together in a bowl and pouring over the coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Place in the fridge until needed later.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4. Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the desiccated coconut on a plate. Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is well coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil) over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
5. Place a spoonful of mango salsa onto a lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, then fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it, so you can eat it like a sandwich. While your baby might not be inclined to eat the lettuce, he might try a nibble. It will help him recognise the salad leaf as a food and, hopefully, he’ll be more likely to give it a try the next time he’s given it as part of his meal.
If you’re pregnant: Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is vital for you and your bump.
Blend the chicken with hot water or breast milk.
Chop the chicken into pieces and add a little salsa.
To help support new mums during postnatal recovery, Lansinoh has launched its new Birth Preparation & Recovery range. This essential 4-step routine has been developed to help mums avoid the discomfort that comes during and after birth.
With your baby’s due date fast approaching, chances are you’re feeling a little apprehensive; but there are loads of simple things you can do now to prepare both your body and your mind for the big day.
With £50 to spend at Childs Farm you can stock up on the whole range of multi award-winning baby toiletries, so you can have all the baby bath, body, bedtime and sun care essentials you need to enjoy the fun and new adventures with your little one.
Pregnancy is an exciting time as you count down the months, weeks and days to the arrival of your little one. But it can also be a time of little worries, niggles and gripes - one of them being heartburn.