‘Here’s a healthy version of chicken nuggets that everyone will enjoy,’ says nutritional therapist Amelia Freer. ‘Throw in a good measure of childhood nostalgia and enjoy.’
1. Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk (or yoghurt) and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the mango salsa by combining the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli, if using, together in a bowl and pouring over the coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Place in the fridge until needed later.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4. Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the desiccated coconut on a plate. Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is well coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil) over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
5. Place a spoonful of mango salsa onto a lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, then fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it, so you can eat it like a sandwich. While your baby might not be inclined to eat the lettuce, he might try a nibble. It will help him recognise the salad leaf as a food and, hopefully, he’ll be more likely to give it a try the next time he’s given it as part of his meal.
If you’re pregnant: Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is vital for you and your bump.
Blend the chicken with hot water or breast milk.
Chop the chicken into pieces and add a little salsa.
Nearly 1 in 10 British women feel uncomfortable discussing their breastfeeding struggles with their partner, but it’s so important not to suffer in silence. Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn't mean it will come naturally to every new mum
Beaba’s Babycook® Neo Bundle with Weaning Accessories in a contemporary Eucalyptus colourway is a package set of cooking and food preparation utensils to help you prepare fuss-free, nutritious meals for your little one.
After the past year being locked down with our families, we think our Mother&Baby mums deserve a bit of “me-time”. Our friends over at Asda Little Angels couldn’t agree more and they’re giving one lucky winner a £200 Treatwell voucher to indulge in some mummy maintenance, as well as a fantastic prize bundle of baby goodies.
When your baby is around 6 months, or in a size 4 nappy, they’ll likely be on the move and exploring their surroundings. Along with babyproofing everything in sight and having eyes in the back of your head, nappy pants should be at the top of your list.
Meet Wow Continental Travel System in Debut, your multi-terrain pram and pushchair great for both town and country. Delivering world-class performance, this pushchair has a striking continental design and is perfect for any situation thanks to multi-terrain suitability and dual suspension options. It’s built with you and your family in mind and the dual suspension mode means you can adapt to suit your environment.
b.box put the fun in functional with the creation of their award-winning sippy cup… and they didn’t stop there! What started out as an adventure for two mums to fill a product gap with a Nappy Wallet, has now grown to include a wide variety of fabulously fun products that help to make meal and travel time not only fun but gives the gift of independence to babies, toddlers and kids of all ages.
Pregnancy is an exciting time as you count down the months, weeks and days to the arrival of your little one. But it can also be a time of little worries, niggles and gripes - one of them being heartburn.
Weleda Natural Baby Care products have been specially formulated to protect and support the development of healthy skin and are safe for even the most sensitive skin of babies and children. The products are developed with the assistance of physicians and midwives and are dermatologically tested to give gentle, natural protection right from the start.