These tasty tartlets are simple but look really impressive when served as a starter or a light lunch
1. Preheat the oven to 160oC, gas mark 3. Lightly oil six fluted metal tartlet tins.
2. Cut the filo pastry into 24 13cm/5” squares. Lightly brush four squares with oil. Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt.
3. Stack the squares on top of each other, rotating so that the corners are offset like the petals of a flower.
4. Place the stack in a tartlet tin, pressing well into the edge. Repeat with the remaining squares.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and keep warm. Preheat the grill to high.
6. Place the aubergine, tomatoes and red pepper cut-side down on a roasting tray. Lightly brush the aubergine slices with oil. Place under the preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, or until the red pepper and tomatoes are slightly blackened and the aubergine is golden.
7. Cut the aubergine into bite sized chunks. Remove the skin from the pepper. Cut the flesh into small squares.
8. Carefully remove the pastry cases from the tins and fill with the vegetables including the capers, olives and basil leaves. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Recipe from Vegetarian Step-by-Step, part of Parragon Books’ range of Love Food cookbooks
Blend the aubergine, tomatoes and red pepper until smooth
Your toddler will love the flaky, crunchy texture of the pastry, and picking the vegetable chunks out of the casing.
As a new parent it’s so difficult to navigate all the various ‘must-have’ products out there, but one thing’s for sure, nappies are a definite must-have! But how do you decide which nappy is right for you and your baby? Luckily ASDA Little Angels are here to help...
Searching for the perfect present for baby’s first Christmas? Childs Farm, the UK's No.1 baby and children's toiletries brand*, have the ultimate gift for new parents, The Baby Bedtime Suitcase Gift Set.
As a parent, keeping your little one safe and comfortable is the top priority, especially when out and about. Wherever you live, whatever your lifestyle, Nuna has a travel system to suit your needs. Travel safely, and in style.
Christmas is looking different this year, so we want to help you share special moments with the Mischief Makers in your life. To make things a little more magical we’ve teamed up with Uh Oh Milo! to give you the chance to win one of six personalised bundles.
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a happily sleeping baby. After hours (or what feels like it) trying to soothe them, when they finally drift off and silence reigns once again there’s something rewarding in peeking through the door, or checking your baby monitor and seeing your baby sound asleep.