This tasty dish is simple to make and the cream cheese that coats the chicken creates a moist topping so there’s no need for sauce. Serve with seasonal veg and potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Oil the roasting tin and lay the chicken in the tin. Brush each chicken breast with a small amount of oil and season.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with the sun-blushed tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest and black pepper. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and chives, then season well.
4. Spread a quarter of the cream cheese mixture over the top of each chicken breast. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top of each and pat gently into the cream cheese.
5. Scatter the pepper wedges around the chicken, brush them with oil, and season.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pepper wedges are charred around the edges, the chicken is cooked through and the topping is golden.
This recipe is taken from Mary Berry’s Cookery Course (£25, DK)