These melt-in-the-middle meatballs are tasty and easy to make, and will impress the whole family, including your baby
1. Mix together the breadcrumbs and milk in a bowl and set aside while you assemble the other ingredients.
2. Put the beef, Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, grated onion, parsley, basil, mixed herbs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add the breadcrumb mixture and use your hands to mix together.
3. Wet your hands and shape the mixture into 12 equal sized balls. Use your finger to make an indentation in the centre of each ball, push in a cube of mozzarella cheese and re-roll the meat into a smooth ball. Make sure the join is sealed, so that melting cheese doesn’t leak out during cooking. At this point the meatballs can be covered and chilled for up to 12 hours. Return to room temperature before frying.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a large frying pan. Add as many meatballs as will fit in the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes, until brown all over. Set aside and keep warm while cooking the remaining meatballs.
5. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan or casserole dish. Stir in the sliced onions, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Add the passata and sugar and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the meatballs.
6. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through when you cut one open. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce, if necessary. Serve immediately on warmed plates, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Mountain Buggy has never been afraid to push the boundaries and test conventional nursery styling, continually developing and delivering innovative design and renewed aesthetics without compromising our all-terrain heritage.
The holidays are over and if you’re sending your little one off to nursery this September, ASDA Little Angels are here to ensure they stay comfortable and dry whilst away from home with their fantastic range of nappies and pants.
Organic baby food brand Piccolo have added a new selection of complete meals to their baby food and snacks range to provide nutritious and tasty meal options for your little one when you are short on time.