Most children love salmon – and you'll love how quick this meal is to make.
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season the salmon and place in the pan, skin-side down, leaving to cook for 3–4 minutes.
2. Cook the broccoli in boiling water for three minutes, then add the frozen peas, put a lid on to bring back to the boil, then remove the lid and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further three minutes.
4. While these are cooking, put all the dressing ingredients into a small pan with some seasoning. Bring to the boil and bubble for 2–3 minutes before setting aside.
5. Drain the vegetables, tip back into the pan and toss through the chillies, if using, then plate up. Once the salmon is cooked through, place it on top of the vegetables. Pour over the dressing, rip the mint leaves and scatter over the top along with the almonds and serve.
Eat during pregnancy: Salmon is rich in brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids, which help your baby’s development.
This recipe was adapted from How To Be A Better Cook by Lorraine Pascale (£25, HarperCollins). Photography by Maja Smend.
Blend some of the cooked salmon and peas together until smooth, adding breast or formula milk for a smoother consistency.
Flake the salmon into bite-sized chunks and then serve with a couple of broccoli florets for a vitamin hit.
Feed your babies and toddlers with organic fruit and vegetables delivered to your door by GIGI's ORGANIC. We deliver the freshest organic fruit and vegetable subscription boxes weekly in London and Surrey to help mums with natural baby-led weaning and feeding growing families.
With over 40 years of dedicated research, the team at Aptamil Follow On Milk really know their stuff when it comes to follow on formulas. Here they answer some common questions to help you learn more about follow on milks.
Get on the right path to feeling more yourself again after birth with Soak for Bits, a new midwife-developed, soothing bath soak, from My Expert Midwife, aimed at helping women’s postpartum recovery...
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S nappies, available in six sizes, ranging from £2-3.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S Little Smiles All Over Body Cream and Top-To-Toe Wash.
To celebrate the launch of Soak for Bits, the new arrival from My Expert Midwife, we have teamed up with the award-winning skincare brand for pregnancy, birth, new mums, and newborns to give 5 Mother&Baby mums the chance to win their very own Birth Recovery Duo.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Take a look at what Mother&Baby parents thought of the new nappy pants...