‘This packs a punch on the veg front and will have your children calling for more “pink rice”,’ says chef and mum-of-three Claire Thomson.
1. Put the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water.
2. Put the olive oil into a heavy-bottomed medium pan (one with a tight-fitting lid) over a moderate heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and spices and cook for 3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
3. Add the rice and move around the pan to coat with the oil, spices, onions and garlic for one minute.
4. Mix in the grated beetroot.
5. Pour boiling water (from the kettle) over the beetroot and rice until the mix is just submerged in water. Bring to the boil, then put the lid on the pan. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Gently turn over with a big spoon halfway through cooking. Simmer until the rice is cooked through and the liquid has gone – about 15–20 minutes.
6. When the rice is cooked, put a clean tea towel under the lid, then re-seal the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. The tea towel will remove extra moisture in the rice and make the pilaf extra-fluffy.
7. In a large dry frying pan, gently toast your seeds with a pinch of salt until they turn golden brown and begin to crackle. Put them in a bowl.
8. In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yoghurt with a pinch of salt and the garlic. Slick the top of the seasoned yoghurt with some olive oil.
9. Roughly chop the coriander.
10. Spoon the rice on to plates and add a blob of yoghurt, some herbs and toasted seeds to each portion. Serve with lemon quarters.
Pregnant? Beetroot contains iron and vitamin C which are both important when you’re pregnant.
‘This is quick, easy, adaptable and, to me, the epitome of comfort food,’ says Nutritional Therapist Amelia. ‘I love to take the unhealthy foods from cookbooks and switch the ingredients to make a healthier version. It’s one of the best parts of my job. I hope you’ll enjoy making this for yourself, for your kids, or as a Sunday special lunch for friends and family. It’s a completely no-fail recipe that’s a staple in my home.’
The Nipper Single is an excellent solution for parents who require a multipurpose pushchair for use in both urban environments as well as scenic off-road routes. The Nipper is best known for being lightweight, versatile and very practical.
ASDA Little Angels have your baby’s interests at the heart of what they do and have designed their dedicated newborn nappy range to ensure your new bundle of joy is comfortable, safe, dry and as happy as can be.
Joie are giving you the chance to win the brand-new Signature aeria 2in1 pram™ worth £425! Enjoy extra face to face time with the height adjustable 4in1 pushchair that keeps your passenger close to you.
It’s important to pick a pushchair to suit your family's lifestyle so it fits in as well as your new addition. The Cybex range of pushchairs offer style, quality and functionality to fit you and your growing family.