The zingy flavours of the mango go well with the rich flavour of the roast duck in this delicious dish – perfect for dinner parties
1. Peel and cut the mangoes into bite-sized cubes, reserving their juice. Mix the juicy with the brandy and marinate the mango in it for about 15mins.
2. Put two tablespoons of water in a large saucepan, add the water without stirring, then add the garlic, chilli and ginger.
3. Strain the mango, reserving the marinade, and add the fruit and red wine vinegar to the sugary water. Cover and warm over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Do not stir.
4. Heat the white wine, add to the mango mixture and simmer to reduce the liquid by a third. The mango cubes should retain their shape. Add 250ml of water and the soy sauce and, if necessary, adjust the sweet-sour flavor with the balsamic vinegar.
5. Mix the cornflour into the reserved mango marinade, pour into the mango mixture and stir around gently. Simmer until the liquid thickens slightly.
6. Slice up the duck, transfer to individual plates and pour some hot mango sauce over each portion. Garnish with coriander and fennel fronds.
Pregnancy is an exciting time as you count down the months, weeks and days to the arrival of your little one. But it can also be a time of little worries, niggles and gripes - one of them being heartburn.
Weleda Natural Baby Care products have been specially formulated to protect and support the development of healthy skin and are safe for even the most sensitive skin of babies and children. The products are developed with the assistance of physicians and midwives and are dermatologically tested to give gentle, natural protection right from the start.
Every new parent is undoubtedly on a mission to get more zzz’s, so it surely makes sense to research the best mattress for your little one and find out what really goes on under the surface they are lying on for over 8 hours every day.
In the hot seat this month and straight from Mother&Baby's Editor' shopping basket, Maria Martin shares what she's got her eye on to prepare you for some fun times in the garden, in the park or perhaps at the local lido with your babies and toddlers this summer.
As a parent, you probably take multiple photos of your little one every day – there are so many amazing milestones to cross off your list as you watch your baby grow, capturing and sharing these milestones and memories is a joy.