The zingy flavours of the mango go well with the rich flavour of the roast duck in this delicious dish – perfect for dinner parties
1. Peel and cut the mangoes into bite-sized cubes, reserving their juice. Mix the juicy with the brandy and marinate the mango in it for about 15mins.
2. Put two tablespoons of water in a large saucepan, add the water without stirring, then add the garlic, chilli and ginger.
3. Strain the mango, reserving the marinade, and add the fruit and red wine vinegar to the sugary water. Cover and warm over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Do not stir.
4. Heat the white wine, add to the mango mixture and simmer to reduce the liquid by a third. The mango cubes should retain their shape. Add 250ml of water and the soy sauce and, if necessary, adjust the sweet-sour flavor with the balsamic vinegar.
5. Mix the cornflour into the reserved mango marinade, pour into the mango mixture and stir around gently. Simmer until the liquid thickens slightly.
6. Slice up the duck, transfer to individual plates and pour some hot mango sauce over each portion. Garnish with coriander and fennel fronds.
Our panel of no-nonsense mums put popular baby products through (very!) vigorous testing, meaning you can spend money on the things that really work and have extra time to watch EastEnders with a cuppa tea!