Take the blended chickpea mixture and add breast or formula milk until it’s a smoother, softer consistency.
Instead of one pattie, roll the chickpea mixture into four mini balls to make it easier for your baby to pick up.
800g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 small onion, chopped
Juice and rind of 1 lime
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
6 tbsp plain flour
4 tbsp olive oil
Watercress, to garnish
Ready-made salsa to serve
These vegetarian falafel burgers are super-quick to make so perfect for a speedy, mid-week supper
1. Put the chickpeas, onion, lime juice and rind and the spices into a food processor and blend to a coarse paste.
2. Tip out onto a clean work surface and shape into four patties (about 9cm in diameter).
3. Spread out the flour on a large flat plate and turn the patties in the flour to coat.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the patties and cook for four minutes on each side, until crisp.
5. Serve with the watercress and salsa.
This recipe is from Vegetarian Step-by-Step, part of Parragon Books’ range of Love Food cookbooks