Blend some of the peas until they’re smooth. You can also add in some finely chopped lamb pieces for added texture
Slice the lamb into 2cm pieces and serve with some peas – ideal for improving your baby’s dexterity
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
250ml chicken stock
500g frozen peas
handful of mint leaves, chopped
2 x 300g lamb fillets
50g feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper
The flavours in the dish perfectly compliment each other and the foods are packed full of healthy nutrients for you and your baby
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for five minutes until softened. Stir the garlic and cook for one minute more.
2. Add the stock and simmer for 2–3 minutes, add the peas and cook for three minutes until soft.
3. Reserve some of the peas, then whizz the remainder with a stick blender until nearly smooth. Stir in most of the mint and season to taste.
4. Rub in the remaining oil over the lamb and season well. Cook under a preheated hot grill for 5–7 minutes on each side until browned and just cooked through.
5. Slice the lamb and arrange on serving plates with the pea and mash. Scatter over the reserved peas, remaining mint and feta to serve.
This recipe is from Quick Cook: Food for Friends by Emma Lewis (Hamlyn, £7.99)