These beef turnovers are a Spanish delicacy which your whole family will love
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the butter and egg and then gradually work in enough warm water to make a firm dough. Knead for 5–10 minutes until the dough is smooth. Leave to rest, covered in cling film, for 15 minutes while you prepare the filling.
2. For the filling, heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for a few mins until it begins to soften. Stir in the minced beef and cook until browned. Add the red pepper, garlic, tomato puree, chilli flakes, cumin seeds, paprika and raisins and season well with salt and plenty of ground black pepper.
3. Add a few tablespoons of water at this stage if the mixture looks too dry. Simmer for five minutes and then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
5. Roll out the pastry to a thickness of about 3mm. Use a saucer as a template to cut out 24 circles measuring about 12cm in diameter. Divide the filling between the dough circles and moisten the edges with a little water. Fold over the dough to enclose the filling and press along the edges to seal.
6. Pinch the sealed edges and twist over to create a rope effect, or simply press a fork along the edges. Glaze with a little milk and bake for 10 – 15mins until golden. Serve warm.
Feed your babies and toddlers with organic fruit and vegetables delivered to your door by GIGI's ORGANIC. We deliver the freshest organic fruit and vegetable subscription boxes weekly in London and Surrey to help mums with natural baby-led weaning and feeding growing families.
With over 40 years of dedicated research, the team at Aptamil Follow On Milk really know their stuff when it comes to follow on formulas. Here they answer some common questions to help you learn more about follow on milks.
Get on the right path to feeling more yourself again after birth with Soak for Bits, a new midwife-developed, soothing bath soak, from My Expert Midwife, aimed at helping women’s postpartum recovery...
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S nappies, available in six sizes, ranging from £2-3.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Here we take a look at the new M&S Little Smiles All Over Body Cream and Top-To-Toe Wash.
To celebrate the launch of Soak for Bits, the new arrival from My Expert Midwife, we have teamed up with the award-winning skincare brand for pregnancy, birth, new mums, and newborns to give 5 Mother&Baby mums the chance to win their very own Birth Recovery Duo.
To celebrate the launch of M&S’ exciting new baby range, Little Smiles, we’ve put it through our Tried&Tested panel to see how it stacks up. Take a look at what Mother&Baby parents thought of the new nappy pants...