You can use your favorite variety of mushrooms in this recipe. These crêpes are also delicious made with one cup of feta cheese in the filling in place of the Monterey Jack and sprinkled with just the Parmesan over the top.
To prepare the crêpes:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum until well combined.
2. to mix the batter in a blender: Place the eggs in the blender jar. Add the flour mixture, milk, butter. Cover the jar and blend on medium until the batter is smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the jar and blend for another 10 to 15 seconds. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before making the crêpes.
To mix the batter with an electric mixer: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip beater attachment, beat the eggs on medium speed. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, in three portions each, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the melted butter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat until the batter is smooth, about 30 seconds. Cover and chill for at least one hour before making the crêpes.
To mix the batter by hand: In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, lightly beat the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, in three portions each, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the melted butter. Whisk vigorously until the batter is very smooth. Cover and chill for at least one hour before making the crêpes.
3. Heat an 8-inch nonstick frying pan or crêpe pan over medium heat. Lightly whisk the crêpe batter until smooth. Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or nonstick cooking spray. Lift the pan off the heat and pour in three tablespoons of crêpe batter. Immediately tilt and swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom with a thin layer of batter. Keep swirling the pan just until the batter is set.
Return the pan to the heat and cook until the edges of the crêpe are dry and the underside is pale with light brown flecks, one to 11⁄2 minutes. Using a spatula or knife, gently loosen the edges of the crêpe and then use a spatula or your fingers to help turn the crêpe over. Cook until the bottom has light brown flecks, about 30 seconds. Slide the crêpe onto a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm while making the remaining crêpes.
To prepare the filling:
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until tender, three to five minutes. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Cover the pan and cook just until the spinach is wilted, about one minute. Uncover and stir in the salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Evenly divide the spinach mixture between the warm crêpes, spooning the mixture down the center of each. Sprinkle one cup of Monterey Jack over the top of the filling in the crêpes. Roll up the crêpes and arrange in a single layer in the prepared pan, seam side down. Sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack and Parmesan evenly over the top of the crêpes. Cover the pan with foil.
4. Bake until the crêpes are hot and the cheeses are melted, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Gluten-Free Breakfast, Brunch, and Beyond by Linda J. Amendt, published by Taunton Press
Stock up on all the essentials and equipment you need for Pancake Day. Take a look at our pancake recipe so you know what ingredients you need and then all that’s left for you to do is perfect your flipping expertise…
Nearly 1 in 10 British women feel uncomfortable discussing their breastfeeding struggles with their partner, but it’s so important not to suffer in silence. Breastfeeding is natural, but that doesn't mean it will come naturally to every new mum
Beaba’s Babycook® Neo Bundle with Weaning Accessories in a contemporary Eucalyptus colourway is a package set of cooking and food preparation utensils to help you prepare fuss-free, nutritious meals for your little one.
After the past year being locked down with our families, we think our Mother&Baby mums deserve a bit of “me-time”. Our friends over at Asda Little Angels couldn’t agree more and they’re giving one lucky winner a £200 Treatwell voucher to indulge in some mummy maintenance, as well as a fantastic prize bundle of baby goodies.
When your baby is around 6 months, or in a size 4 nappy, they’ll likely be on the move and exploring their surroundings. Along with babyproofing everything in sight and having eyes in the back of your head, nappy pants should be at the top of your list.
Meet Wow Continental Travel System in Debut, your multi-terrain pram and pushchair great for both town and country. Delivering world-class performance, this pushchair has a striking continental design and is perfect for any situation thanks to multi-terrain suitability and dual suspension options. It’s built with you and your family in mind and the dual suspension mode means you can adapt to suit your environment.
b.box put the fun in functional with the creation of their award-winning sippy cup… and they didn’t stop there! What started out as an adventure for two mums to fill a product gap with a Nappy Wallet, has now grown to include a wide variety of fabulously fun products that help to make meal and travel time not only fun but gives the gift of independence to babies, toddlers and kids of all ages.
Pregnancy is an exciting time as you count down the months, weeks and days to the arrival of your little one. But it can also be a time of little worries, niggles and gripes - one of them being heartburn.
Weleda Natural Baby Care products have been specially formulated to protect and support the development of healthy skin and are safe for even the most sensitive skin of babies and children. The products are developed with the assistance of physicians and midwives and are dermatologically tested to give gentle, natural protection right from the start.