Sausage rolls are surprisingly easy to make and so much more satisfying than stopping by your nearest Gregg’s
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. To make the filling, mix the sausage meat in a bowl with the onion, sage, parsley and Parmesan. It’s easier to mulch it all together with your hands. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Now assemble the first batch of sausage rolls. Cut the pastry in half and roll out on piece to make a long oblong shape, 40 x 17cm and 3mm thick. Form half the filling into a long log-shape which will run the whole length of the pastry.
4. Place the sausage log 5mm in from the edge of the pastry. Egg-wash the entire length of the pastry strip, then fold the pastry over the log and press down well to seal the edges, either crimping them with your fingers or pressing down with a fork.
5. Cut the pastry-covered log into 4 individual rolls if you want large ones, or 8 bite-sized rolls. Brush with egg to glaze and then place on a baking tray lined with greased parchment, leaving plenty of space in between each one.
6. Place the tray in the oven for 35–40 minutes and bake until the rolls are golden, risen and flaky. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
7. While the sausage rolls are baking, prepare a second batch using the remaining pastry and filling. Serve the rolls while still warm.
Koftas are basically meatballs and you can use whateverv lean meat you'd like, but lamb and beef work well as they're packed with protein so are filling and healthy for you and your baby. The 'Big' and 'Small' in the title refers to the size of the different kofta balls for your baby and you
With summer just around the corner and the beach calling your name, it’s time to stock up on those warm weather essentials to ensure you have everything you and your baby could possibly need whilst away from home.
Crafted from FSC beech wood, the Scandinavian inspired Mokee Mini Cot comes in an array of colours and one lucky reader will receive the colour of their choice along with the Mokee WoolNest, available in four colours.