Sausage rolls are surprisingly easy to make and so much more satisfying than stopping by your nearest Gregg’s
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. To make the filling, mix the sausage meat in a bowl with the onion, sage, parsley and Parmesan. It’s easier to mulch it all together with your hands. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Now assemble the first batch of sausage rolls. Cut the pastry in half and roll out on piece to make a long oblong shape, 40 x 17cm and 3mm thick. Form half the filling into a long log-shape which will run the whole length of the pastry.
4. Place the sausage log 5mm in from the edge of the pastry. Egg-wash the entire length of the pastry strip, then fold the pastry over the log and press down well to seal the edges, either crimping them with your fingers or pressing down with a fork.
5. Cut the pastry-covered log into 4 individual rolls if you want large ones, or 8 bite-sized rolls. Brush with egg to glaze and then place on a baking tray lined with greased parchment, leaving plenty of space in between each one.
6. Place the tray in the oven for 35–40 minutes and bake until the rolls are golden, risen and flaky. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack.
7. While the sausage rolls are baking, prepare a second batch using the remaining pastry and filling. Serve the rolls while still warm.
Koftas are basically meatballs and you can use whateverv lean meat you'd like, but lamb and beef work well as they're packed with protein so are filling and healthy for you and your baby. The 'Big' and 'Small' in the title refers to the size of the different kofta balls for your baby and you
We asked parents to give their opinions on ASDA Little Angels' range of tray meals, made with only organic ingredients and with some new and exciting flavours! Find out what our testers thought here...
To celebrate their 20 year anniversary Out ‘n’ About are giving you the chance of winning a Nipper Single - an excellent solution for parents who require a multipurpose pushchair for use in both urban environments as well as scenic off-road routes.
This month we have teamed up with My Expert Midwife, the award-winning brand that provides effective solutions to common pregnancy, birth and new motherhood issues, to give mums-to-be the chance to win one of their Hospital Bag Sets (4 to give away).
From newborn. To toddler. To big kid. They keep on growing. The LEAF™ grow provides a comfortable space for them to sit back and sway away through every stage. Now you're in for a chance to win a Nuna LEAF™ grow (RRP £225) in a choice of Granite or Biscotti.
In real life it isn’t always as “picture-perfect” as what it can be made out to be, so instead, let’s embrace the chaos, mess and fun that comes with the territory. Whether it’s the messy results of weaning, playing and exploring with mud or paint, or a baby struggling to sleep, Childs Farm have something for every sticky situation you might just find yourself in.