Blend some of the cooked potato with the cheese.
These mini frittatas are perfect for your toddler, just make sure they’ve cooled slightly before serving
100g waxy potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
Olive oil or sunflower oil, for greasing
2 chargrilled red peppers in oil, drained and finely chopped
85g grated Parmesan cheese or pecorino cheese
2tbsp finely snipped chives
Salt and pepper
These bite-sized frittatas are delicious served hot or cold and make the perfect healthy snack for your toddler – and you
1. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain well and cool under cold running water.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190oC, gas mark 5. Generously grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and finely chop them, then squeeze out the excess moisture.
4. Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in the potatoes, red peppers, two thirds of the cheese and all of the chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the holes in the prepared muffin tin, filling each just under half full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese over the tops of the frittatas, taking care not to get it on the edge of the frittatas.
6. Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the frittatas are set and golden brown.
7. Remove the tin from the oven and run a round-bladed knife around each one, then tip out. Transfer to a platter and either serve immediately or leave to cool to room temperature.
This dish is safe in pregnancy.
Recipe from ‘Mama’s Family Cookbook’, part of Parragon Books’ range of Love Food Cookbooks.