8 cake pops
50g softened butter
80g icing sugar
150g Madeira sponge
2 tsp milk
A few drops of vanilla extract
75g milk chocolate
8 red M&M’s
White and chocolate icing pens
Chocolate covered pretzels
- Measure the butter and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the milk and vanilla. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Crumble the Madeira cake into the icing. Mix until well coated. Shape into 8 balls, then insert a pop stick into the middle of each ball. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water until runny.
- Dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate, Swirl around until coated. Place on a stand, then put one M&M in the middle to make a nose.
- Cut a chocolate covered pretzel in half and add to the sides of the cake pop to make the antlers. Make eyes and a mouth with the white and chocolate icing pens.
- Leave to set in a cool place until firm.
For lots more recipe inspiration look no further than Annabel’s Baby & Toddler Recipe App - new and updated with over 200 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features, this is the handiest of apps for tasty, nutritious mealtimes (and clean plates)! Available via the app store or visit www.annabelkarmel.com for more information.