Blend some of the cooked butternut squash with some of the cooked chicken (without the bone)
Give your baby some of the chopped squash and chicken
500g butternut squash, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 red onion, sliced
4 bone-in chicken breasts
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
25g walnut halves
8 sage leaves
salt and pepper
To serve: Crusty bread, green salad
This is a tasty one-tray bake so minimal washing up – result!
1. Arrange the squash, onion and chicken, skin side up, in a roasting tin.
2. Drizzle over the oil, season to taste and toss to make sure everything is well coated in oil.
3. Place in a preheated oven at 200°C/gas mark 6 for 15 minutes.
4. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and scatter the walnuts and sage leaves around the chicken.
5. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve with crusty bread and green salad.
This recipe is from Hamlyn All Colour: Quick Cook One Pot Meals by Emma Lewis, published by Hamlyn, £4.99.