30 small fritters
Blend some sweetcorn on it’s own for your baby.
The fritters are the perfect size for little toddler hands to pick up.
For the batter
245g tinned sweetcorn
100g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp rock salt
80g tinned sweetcorn
Small bunch of spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
250ml crème fraich
Sweet chilli dipping sauce
These tasty fritters will go down well with the whole family and are perfect for a lazy Sunday brunch
1. Place all the batter ingredients into a food processor and blitz them until you have a smooth liquid
2. Transfer the batter to a bowl and fold in the extra 80g sweetcorn and the spring onions.
3. Pour the crème fraiche and the sweet chilli dipping sauce into two separate bowls ready for serving.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and spoon some batter into the pan using a teaspoon – enough to make baby fritters the size of a 50 pence piece.
5. Cook until golden brown (about one minute on each side), then remove and place on a piece of kitchen paper.
6. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up, serving the fritters accompanied by the crème fraiche and sweet chilli sauce.
This recipe is taken from Cook with Kids by Roy Kirby (£9.99, Absolute press). All royalties from this book go towards the Children’s Hospital School at Great Ormond Street.