Did someone say pizza?! Sodo Pizza in Walthamstow are celebrating the launch of their new eight slice pizza this weekend, with a community street party held outside the Sodo Walthamstow restaurant.
The restaurant, located on Hartherley Mews, is a celebration of the eight largest communities living in Walthamstow. Satisfy even the pickiest of eaters with the eight different slices:
- A Jamaican slice – Jerk chicken on a tomato base, topped with a Julie mango sauce and fresh scallion
- Lithuanian Slice – Inspired by a Karbonadas which is smoked pig’s ear and smoked pork belly, with ‘Boletus’ mushrooms and Medzotoju cheese
- Romanian Slice - Chiftele meatballs rolled in sesame seeds and breadcrumbs, on a tomato sauce base and Cașcaval cheese
- Indian Slice - A traditional Saag Paneer which is grilled paneer cheese studded in fresh spinach, tomato, spices, thickened with cream, and finally topped with green chili
- Polish Slice - Based on a Polish village dish called a Zapiekanka which is smoked sausage ‘Torunska’, salted cucumber ‘ Malosolny’, onions, pickled mushrooms & peppers
- Turkish Slice - Inspired by a Turkish Lahmucun which is a spiced finely ground beef, tomato and Capiscum pepper base and topped with sumac, fresh tomato, red onion, parsley, nigella Seeds and pomegranate molasses
- Pakistani Slice - A Tandoori Bengan Masala, which is smoked aubergines in a masala sauce that contains onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, chilli, spices and is topped with a mint yoghurt and sprinkled coriander
- British Slice - Bubble And Squeak, which is potato, cabbage, carrot and onion on a sage and garlic butter base finished off with Montgomery cheddar cheese
Dan Birch, founder of Sodo said: ‘The old English for Walthamstow is ‘Welcome Place’ and a love of food is something we all share. Who doesn’t like a good pizza? With this special pizza, I really wanted to bring people together, I mean after all, aren’t we all just pizzas with different toppings?’
Read next: Our favourite grown-up advent calendars for mums and dads this Christmas
Prosecco advent calendar, The Pip Stop, £125
We broke the news on this one a few weeks ago, and we’re still just as obsessed with the prosecco advent calendar
from The Pip Stop. Available from 1st December, it might set you back £125, but it contains 24 20cl bottles of sparkling wine from Italy, Spain and Australia – cheers!
The Pip Stop
Cheese advent calendar, Asda
For the cheese addicts amongst us, you’ll be thrilled to hear Asda are bringing out their own CHEESE advent calendar this Christmas. Packed with 24 different cheeses, dig out the crackers in the run up to Christmas Day. Yum. If you’re pregnant and worried about the cheeses you can indulge in, check out our pregnant cheese guide
Wine advent calendar, £49.99, Aldi
It works out at just £2 a mini bottle of wine in the Aldi advent calendar
and we love it! The advent calendar hits stores on 1st November and has been created in collaboration with brands such as JP Chenet and Calvert. Packed with 24 wine shaped surprises, in the form of red, white, rose and sparkling wine – with everything from Merlot to Chablis.