Blend some of salmon with breast or formula milk for a smooth consistency
Your baby will love picking at the noodles and beans
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 pieces of salmon fillet, about 150g each, with skin on
1 tbsp vegetable oil
150g medium egg noodles
75g frozen soya beans or peas
1 tbsp sweet sherry
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
2 spring onions, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Toddlers love the sweet flavours in this teriyaki dish and it’s super-easy to prepare
1. Mix together the garlic, one teaspoon of the sesame oil and the teriyaki sauce in a shallow dish. Add the salmon and turn to coat in the sauce.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, and the salmon and cook, skin side down, for 3-4 minutes, until crisp, then turn the fish over and cook for a further 8–10 minutes until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cook the soya beans or peas in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for three minutes until tender. Drain and return to the pan.
4. Add the remaining sesame oil, the sherry and soy sauce and toss to coat.
5. Pour any remaining teriyaki marinade into the salmon pan and heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with noodles, topped with spring onions and coriander.
This recipe is from QuickCook Midweek Meals by Emma Jane Frost and Nichola Palmer, published by Hamlyn, £7.99.