Baby brand Joie go above and beyond to ensure their products are the safest they can be for your children. Alongside safety, Joie prides itself on being 'responsible and 'caring', going to great lengths to reduce its environmental impact and give back through charitable contributions.
At the Mother&Baby Awards 2021, Joie scooped some of the top prizes within the car seat and travel system categories. Let us take you through them for inspiration when you're next looking for safety products for your bubba...
i-Snug™ – Silver winner
Manoeuvring a sleeping baby from car to home has never been easier thanks to the super lightweight i-Snug™ from Joie. Suitable from birth to 13kg, this seat is one of the lightest i-Size infant carriers on the market, weighing in at just 3.25kg.
Expertly crafted with your little one’s safety in mind, the i-Snug™ is packed with award-winning safety features to guarantee comfort and security for even the littlest passengers.
Fully i-Size certified, ISOFIX installation ensures the car seat is always correctly in place, while the exclusive Tri-Protect™ headrest offers optimum side impact protection with three layers of security to protect your baby in the event of impact.
The i-Snug™ is fully compatible with a number of your favourite Joie pushchairs, as well as other brands using the Maxi-Cosi style adaptors, making it an ideal option for both Joie lovers and new parents everywhere.
With Intelli-fit™ memory foam and a tight, 3-point harness, you can rest assured that your little one is as sung and secure as can be, while the exclusive newborn pillow ensures correct head positioning for even the tiniest traveller.
- Meets the i-Size ECE R129/02 standard
- Suitable rearward facing from birth to 75cm, approximately 12 months
- Pairs with i-Base™, i-Base lx™, and i-Base Advance™
- Pairs with i-Base Advance™ as part of the i-Venture System™
- 3-point harness with shoulder and lower buckle covers easily tightens with one pull motion
- Tri-Protect™ headrest with three layers of foam including patented Intelli-Fit™ memory foam in the infant pillow
- A cosy pillow to keep your newborn snug
- Curved base allows for rocking and relaxing
- Multi-position, ergonomic carry handle
- Removable and machine washable covers
- UPF 50+ and water-repellent sun canopy
- Retractable sun canopy removes for extra fresh air and easy access to baby
- Attaches to compatible Joie pushchairs with adapters to form a travel system
i-Spin™ Safe – Gold winner
The i-Spin Safe™ is Joie’s dedicated rearward-facing swivel car seat, boasting a dual-safety certification to ensure the safest of rides. The seat meets both the new i-Size certification and the highly sought-after Swedish PLUS-test certification, a rigorous test only a handful of rotating seats have successfully passed.
As with all car seats in the Joie family, safety is paramount. The i-Spin Safe™ incorporates several safety enhancements including a Simple Swivel™ turn activator, and improved visibility of load leg indicator.
The seat enables children up to 105cm or 18.5kg, approx. four years of age, to remain in a rearward-facing position, helping protect weak and undeveloped necks up to 80 per cent more than if the seat was in a forward-facing position. The i-Spin Safe™, also offers the Tri-Protect™ headrest featuring Intelli-Fit™ memory foam, alongside Guard Surround Safety™ side impact protection panels that automatically lock outward when the harness is tightened.
Whilst the i-Spin Safe™ is a safety powerhouse, it doesn’t compromise on practicality; getting your little one in and out is easy with a smooth, one-handed 90º spin, while the Sleepytime Tilt™ offers six different recline positions so your little one will always have the comfiest of rides.
As the baby grows, the i-Spin Safe™ also includes removable grow-with-me infant inserts for a more a tailored fit. These allow you to customise the level of support needed and adjust as required, increasing the longevity of the car seat and providing great value for money.
- Meets the i-Size ECE R129/03 standard
- Suitable rearward facing from birth to 105cm/4 years
- Swedish Plus test certified
- One-hand, 90° seat rotation makes for an easy in, easy out
- Simple Swivel™ turning activator positioned where you naturally reach
- Guard Surround Safety™ panels auto-engage when harness is tightened
- Tri-Protect headrest offers security with three layers of protection inside the wings, including patented Intelli-Fit memory foam
- One-hand, 6-position Grow Together™ headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness
- Grow-with-me infant insert has 3 individual pieces for a custom fit at any stage
- 5-point harness with shoulder and lower buckle covers that easily tightens with one pull motion
- On-the-go 6 position recline adjusts without reinstalling
- Easy install with retractable ISOFIX
- 19 position adjustable support leg provides ultimate stability, security and easily adjusts for the best fit
- Installation indicator conveniently located on top of base to confirm load leg is fitted properly
- Plush, deluxe cushioning and fabrics
- Built-in side ventilation
bold™ – Silver winner
The Joie bold™, is bold by name and bold by nature. It stands out from the crowd, providing 5-point harness security from nine months up to seven years old (25kg) and then converting to a belted booster for sprouting kiddos from 15-35kg.
ISOSAFE connectors, top tether and vehicle belt combine together for a safer, stronger installation while the powerful side impact protection plus Guard Surround Safety™ panels will shield your young passengers from head to hip.
To make life that little bit easier, the Grow Together™ multi-height headrest and harness system enables a quick and simple adjustment of the seat as your child grows, with no rethreading of the harness needed.
- Extended 5-point harness usage all the way up to 25kg
- 3 cosy recline positions
- Side impact protection provides added security for the head, body, and hips
- Guard Surround Safety™ panels provide extra side impact protection and fold into seat when not in use
- One-hand, 11 position height adjustable headrest
- Grow Together headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness
- One-pull motion easily tightens the 5-point harness
- Removable body support for younger children
- 5-point harness stores within the seat when using as a group 2/3 booster
- Ventilation on sides of the shell
- Removable cupholder attaches on either side of the child seat
versatrax™ travel system inc ramble xl™ and i-Snug™ - Gold winner
The Joie versatrax™ is without doubt the most versatile of the Joie pushchairs, combining stylish design and functional features that are ideal for new parents wanting to create the perfect travel system.
The Joie versatrax™ couldn’t be easier to fold and store away thanks to a handy quick-release, both forward and rearward and all with just one hand. No need for fiddly re-positioning of seats when you’re ready to head off again – simply unfold and you’re on your way.
With foam-filled rubber tyres, a smooth ride is guaranteed, even on the toughest of terrain. Optional full-recline positioning, soft-touch harness and calf support means your little one is as comfortable and secure as can be.
Suitable from birth to 22kg the Versatrax is a stylish pushchair in every mode imaginable; as a forward or parent-facing pushchair, or combined with the ramble xl or i-Snug infant carrier for those early newborn days.
Famed for being super lightweight, the i-Snug™ weighs in at just 3.25kg, making it one of the lightest i-Size infant carriers on the market – the perfect way to top off your travel system, making that pushchair to car transfer as smooth as can be. For those longer strolls, the ramble xl™ carry cot gives your little one plenty of room to stretch out so they can carry on snoozing on the go.
- Suitable from birth with flat reclining seat
- Adjustable forward and rearward facing seat
- Pairs perfectly with Joie infant carriers gemm, i-Gemm™, i-Level™, and i-Snug™ with the included adapters or with other infant carriers using Maxi-Cosi style attachment
- Pairs perfectly with ramble xl carry cot using the included adapters
- One hand easy fold and setup, with seat rearward or forward-facing
- Freestanding when folded
- Carry strap built-in
- Water repellent canopy
- Full-size UPF50+ canopy with eyeshade visor
- Multi-position recline for backrest tilt options
- 2 position calf support
- Front and back access storage basket
- All-wheel suspension for a smooth ride
- Sweet Stride single front swivel wheels
- One-touch brakes
- SoftTouch, 5-point harness
- Height adjustable push bar
- Locking front swivel wheels
- Cup holder