Now that the warmer weather is approaching, it’s time to bring out the best garden games and sun cream. One thing that might not have made it to your list of summer must-haves are baby sunglasses. Not only will they make your child look super cute, but they’ll also protect them in the warmer weather and help them to see more easily.
Kids' sunglasses can be tricky to pick, especially if you're little one has anything to say about it, that's why we've scoured the internet and selected the best baby sunglasses available - sure to please both parent and tot.
Best baby sunglasses shortlist:
- KIDDUS baby Sunglasses
- Kids' Disney Frozen™ Glitter Sunglasses
- Kids Round Flower Sunglasses
- Baby Banz Retro Banz
- Quechua Baby's Hiking Sunglasses
- KIDDUS Baby sunglasses POLARIZED lenses - trucks
- John Lewis & Partners Children's Dinosaur Sunglasses, Green
- Baby & Kids' Sunglasses Strap
How to choose the best baby sunglasses:
When it comes to newborns and young children, it can be hard to keep their sunglasses on. There are lots of little hints and tricks that you can do to make sure that it is comfortable for them. The first thing we’d recommend is to ensure that the kids' sunglasses have a strap. If you fall in love with an adorable pair that doesn’t have one, don’t worry, you can buy these separately.
Another thing we’d suggest would be to choose your baby sunglasses based on the material they’re made from. If the design is based around a more flexible substance, then this will almost guarantee comfort for your little one.
Instead of searching far and wide on the internet for the best baby sunglasses, we’ve pulled together a list of some of our favourites, including some older kids' sunglasses. All you have to do is choose the cutest one for your tot.
Best baby sunglasses for holidays
Are you heading on a British staycation with the family? These baby sunglasses from KIDDUS are a must-have for any parent. Not only will they easily fit in your baby changing bag, but they’ll also provide your baby total protection because they are made with the highest available filter (UV400).
Perfect age for: Newborns to two years
- Its adjustable band will fit children's heads up to 52cm.
- Comes with a FREE microfibre pouch for you to store the glasses in.
- The sunglasses have the highest available filter (UV400).
- Offers a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
Best baby sunglasses for Frozen fans
Although only Filter category three, these Disney Frozen™ sunglasses will still protect against harmful UV rays with the help of Elsa and Anna. Any small fans of the films will love wearing these glittery sunnies.
Perfect age for: Suitable for ages three and up
- For any kids who haven't let go of their Frozen stage.
- Looks cool while protecting eyes from the sun.
- Simply because they're adorable kids' sunglasses!
Best baby sunglasses for dressing up
Get out the dressing up box and add these fun flower power sunglasses to your little one's collection. Not only are they good for playtime, but they also offer lots of UV protection when your child is out in the garden.
Perfect age for: Toddlers
- The lenses can block 100 per cent of both UVA and UVB radiation.
- These kids' sunglasses have UV400 protection.
- Fun pair of sunnies for kids!
Best baby sunglasses for newborns
Choosing the right sunglasses for children is difficult. Picking the right sunglasses for newborns is almost impossible. Luckily here at Mother&Baby, we found these incredible glasses that have a headband to ensure they stay on. You'll never misplace your baby's eyewear again.
Perfect age for: Suitable from newborn to two years
- Don't worry about your little one dropping these. The sunnies are designed with category three shatterproof lenses.
- Not only does the band keep the sunglasses secure, but it'll also ensure kids don't lose them.
- These glasses will provide the full benefit of UVA & UVB Sun Protection.
Best baby sunglasses for days out
Recommended for hiking, these baby sunglasses are a must-have for any fun trips out. Whether you're popping to the local park, visiting a theme park or going for a long walk around a nature reserve, you should never leave home without them.
Perfect age for: Six to 12 months
We love that there is no detachable parts to these kids' sunglasses.
They are made from a non-allergenic plastic.
These are ideal for sunny weather because of the category four lens and the 100% UV filter.
Best sunglasses for older children
Don't forget to kit out your older children with the best kids sunglasses! Whether your child is obsessed with trucks, unicorns, dinosaurs or space, there's an option available for them as these come in 15 different designs.
Perfect age for: Six and over
- These kids' sunglasses come with a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
- They have a cool truck on them, but you can also opt for dinosaurs, hearts, unicorns, flowers, Vichy or tropical print.
- Not only are these glasses difficult to break, but they're also flexible on the temples to give a comfortable fit.
Best baby sunglasses for dinosaur fans
Talking of dinosaurs, take your little one back to the prehistoric ages with these fun glasses. Plus, the 3D design is a brilliant touch.
Perfect age for: Two years and over
- Dinosaur fans will love the sensational design.
- These fun kids' sunglasses are made from plastic.
- They also provide 100 per cent category three UV protection.
Best baby sunglasses strap
Last but certainly not least, we have the ultimate eyewear accessory - the sunglasses strap. This little accessory will fasten around your baby's head - gone are the days of spending an hour looking for them at playschool.
Perfect age for: Six months to five years
- OK, so technically not sunglasses, but this strap is good for keeping kids' sunglasses on.
- It has a Velcro™ fastening, which is easy to use.
- The strap is adjustable so that it can fit the back of your child's head.