From mummy support groups to knowing (yet comforting) nods when your little one throws a strop in the middle of Tesco on a Saturday afternoon, mums are superb at having each other's back.
However, dads are increasingly feeling like they're getting a rough end of the deal.
Sure, dads stereotypically spend their Sundays on a golf range, wearing coloured-trousers and get a flurry marriage proposals simply from plaiting their daughter's hair (no, but why is this, please!!) however, they are feeling rather wound up after hearing the same condescending phrases time and time again.
According to a study conducted by ChannelMum.com, fathers everywhere are sick to death of hearing the same few comments, including “you’re such a softie” and “who ironed the kids’ clothes?”
ChannelMum.com founder Siobhan Freegard said: “Almost all parenting issues still only focus on mum’s involvement - so no wonder dads feel fed up.
“Modern men are doing more parenting than ever before so that’s why it’s frustrating for dads when people are still surprised they can care effectively for their kids.”
These are the top 20 phrases guaranteed to annoy the hell out of dads (use with caution!)
1. You've got him well trained
2. You're doing it wrong, it should be like this
3. Are you disappointed the baby wasn't a boy?
4. Are you babysitting today?
5. It's nice to see a man looking after the kids
6. Bet you can't wait until your wife comes back
7. Wow, your baby is massive!
8. Get used to never having sex again now the kids are here
9. Who ironed the kids' clothes?
10. Did your wife lay out the kids' outfits for you?
11. There's always one! (if you arrive late somewhere)
12. You're actually quite good at putting on a nappy
13. Oh, you managed to make it here on time
14. You're such a hands-on dad
15. You're such a softie
16. Where is your partner?
17. Oh, you managed to remember to pack his PE kit
18. Is it hard to work full time with a baby?
19. Your baby seems really happy with you
20. It must be hard for you to get up early with the kids