December babies it is time to rejoice!
We know it can be tough sharing your birthday month with Jesus Christ himself. The weather is cold and everything you have to look forward to is all crammed together at the end of the year. You get fewer presents because it is an expensive month for everyone and they think you won't mind. Worse still, if your birthday is actually on Christmas day, your celebrations will be highjacked with other people opening presents (the cheek!), Christmas lunches and unwanted family members.
If you are pregnant at Christmas and possibly expecting a December baby you might be worried you are putting them at a disadvantage. At least you can call them a wonderfully wintery or Christmas-inspired baby name to make up for it!
However, it is not all doom and gloom. A study in the Journal of Aging Research has found that December babies are more likely to live longer. If you're born in December you are significantly more likely to live up to the age of 105+ than someone born in June! Previous studies have also shown better survival rates for those born in September–December compared to those born in the middle of the year.
Take that, summer babies!
And that's not all. Here are more reasons why December babies have something to celebrate...
- December babies sleep better. A study from the Sleep journal showed December babies go to bed earlier and reach that perfect mid-point of sleep sweet spot earlier than summer babies.
- December babies are calmer and less moody. A study in the Journal of the American Oriental Society looked at the merits of astrology by seeing if there was a link between birth month and mood. They found that those born in summer were more prone to mood swings compared to those born in winter. Plus those born in winter were significantly less prone to irritable temperament.
- December babies are healthier. Researchers at Columbia University’s Department of Medicine found that December babies are less likely to contracts major diseases and have a lower risk of suffering from cardiovascular disease.
- December babies are more likely to be athletes. A study in The International Journal of Sports medicine Babies born between October-December had more stamina, were stronger and faster.
- December babies are more likely to be dentists. This one is a little more random but if you dream of being a dentist and you are December born, you're in luck! It's time for a career change. The last census conducted in the UK found more people born in December were dentists.
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!
Have approx 60 seconds to spare? Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need...Click here!