- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, ginger and mixed spice. Heat the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a small pan, stirring frequently until dissolved, then allow to cool for five minutes. Stir the syrup mixture, egg yolk and milk into the dry ingredients and form into a ball of dough. Cover with plastic film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350F/ Gas Mark 4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface until about 5 mm / ¼ in thick. Cut into angel shapes. Bake the biscuits for about 12 minutes or until golden. Allow them to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the icing. Mix the icing sugar and water together to make a smooth paste.
- Spoon the icing onto the body of the angels.
- Stick on the yoghurt coated pretzels to make the wings.
- Sprinkle with the edible glitter and decorate with edible pearls and sugar snowflakes.
For lots more recipe inspiration look no further than Annabel’s Baby & Toddler Recipe App - new and updated with over 200 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features, this is the handiest of apps for tasty, nutritious mealtimes (and clean plates)! Available via the app store or visit www.annabelkarmel.com for more information.