This stew is super-speedy so ideal for a quick, warming dinner. The garlic bread soaks up the flavours, too
1. Heat half the oil in a flame proof casserole dish over a high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the remaining oil and cook the onion, carrot and celery for five minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the tomato purée, flour and thyme, then pour in the wine (the alcohol will evaporate and cook for 2-3 minutes until reduced by half.
4. Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes, then return the meat to the pan.
5. Arrange the garlic bread slices on top of the stew, then cook under a preheated hot grill for three minutes until the bread is golden and crisp.
This recipe is from Hamlyn All Colour: Quick Cook One Pot Meals by Emma Lewis, published by Hamlyn, £4.99.