Preparation time: 35 Minutes (Plus 2 Hours For Proving)
Step away from the freezer aisle! Nothing beats homemade pizza and your toddler will love getting involved by adding his own toppings to this plain margherita pizza
1. Mix the flour, yeast and salt together in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the oil and 225ml of water and gradually stir in the flour from the side until a soft dough forms – caress the flour in, firmly but gently. Add more water, if needed, to create a soft dough.
2. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic and then shape into a ball.
3. Wash and dry the bowl, then lightly run the inside with oil. Add the dough and roll it around so its lightly coated. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and set aside in a warm place until the dough doubles in size, which can take up to two hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark
5. Dust a large baking sheet with polenta and set aside.
6. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead. Divide into two equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Work with one ball at a time, keeping the other covered.
7. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out each ball of dough into a 23-25cm round and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
8. Top each pizza round with one tablespoon of tomato puree, the tomato and mozzarella slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the basil and drizzle with the oil.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted and golden.
Create an Amazon Baby Wish List, become a Prime member (if you are not one already), purchase a minimum of £10 worth of Baby products from your Baby Wishlist, and get a Tommee Tippee Sangenic Tec Nappy Disposal Tub for FREE.