- To make the chocolate cupcakes, pre-heat the oven to 160C Fan / 180 C / Gas 4. Sift the flour and cocoa into a bowl. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth, and then add the eggs one at a time, adding a tablespoon of the flour mixture with the second egg. Mix in the remaining flour and cocoa, then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the paper cases – they should be two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Leave in the muffin tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile colour 350g of the buttercream green by mixing some of the green food colouring into the vanilla buttercream. Pipe some of the remaining white buttercream around the edges of the cupcakes.
- Take the ice cream cones (if they are too large, you can trim off the end using a sharp knife). Apply a thin layer of green frosting all over the exterior of the ice cream cones using a palette knife. Stand these upside down on top of the cupcakes. Transfer the remaining green frosting to a piping bag fitted with a small star shaped nozzle. Pipe green spiky leaves onto the trees. Dust the trees with icing sugar so that it looks like snow on some of the leaves.
- Finish off by garnishing with some edible silver balls.
For lots more recipe inspiration look no further than Annabel’s Baby & Toddler Recipe App - new and updated with over 200 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features, this is the handiest of apps for tasty, nutritious mealtimes (and clean plates)! Available via the app store or visit www.annabelkarmel.com for more information.