Organix is celebrating National Breakfast Week to help inspire mums and dads to get a great start to the day with their little ones. So why not shake up breakfast time and try something new. These corn muffins make a refreshing change for breakfast, the cornmeal gives a delicious crunchy bite to this savoury option.
Top tip: Try starting the day with a relaxed breakfast together. Try not to rush – getting up 15 minutes earlier will make breakfast a far more relaxed affair.
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C / 140°C fan / Gas mark 3.
2. Whisk milk, eggs and oil together.
3. Grate the parmesan, crumble the feta, finely chop all the veg and herbs, and stir in well.
4. Finally combine the flour and polenta and lightly stir in to mix with a metal spoon.
5. Grease a 12-15 whole muffin tin with a little oil, then spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for approx. 20 – 25 minutes, until golden and set.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing carefully to a wire rack to cool.
Serve warm or cold (can be gently re-heated in a warm oven). Serve on own - as a breakfast or snack, or with some salad and dip for a light lunch.
For more breakfast recipes, weaning advice and to download your free copy of the Organix Little Book of Weaning please visit www.organix.com. You can share your breakfast ideas, recipes, experiences and photos with other parents at #BabiesBreakfastClub